Appetizers and Sides
Asiago Stuffed Potatoes
By: Chef Houston
- Baby Dutch Potatoes
- Grated Asiago Cheese
- green onions
- light mayonnaise
- Seasonings (salt, pepper, granulated garlic, smoked paprika)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Using a melon ballet, scoop the middle out of raw baby Dutch potatoes. Then place potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water.
3. Bring the pot to a boil then turn down to a simmer to prevent breaking of potatoes. Continue to simmer potatoes until you can easily insert and remove a toothpick into the thickest part of the potato.
4. While your potatoes are boiling, create your filling: take grated asiago cheese, light mayonnaise (enough to hold cheese and seasonings together), chopped green onions, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and smoked paprika and mix together.
5. Once your potatoes have finished boiling, flip them upside down to dry. When they are cool enough to handle, use a spoon to stuff each potato with your cheese mixture, then place into a casserole dish.
6. Bake potatoes in oven at 350 for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
Southern Marinated Shrimp
By: Chef Ricky
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
- 1lb cooked shrimp or shrimp cooked in a broth of your choice***
- 1 red pepper - small diced
- 1 yellow pepper - small diced
- 1/4 red onion - small diced
- 1/4c chopped parsley
- 1/4c chopped dill
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4c olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. Prepare all ingredients
2. Place ingredients into a stainless steel or plastic bowl
3. Combine all ingredients
4. Cover tightly with plastic or put in a Ziploc bag
5. Marinate in refrigerator overnight (12-24 hours)
***For this recipe you can use any size shrimp - tail on or off depending on your preference.
***For self-poaching, we suggest using a mixture of water, Old Bay, and pickling spice